Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Kentucky Derby

The Derby was today. I never have parties or go to parties for this, because personally, I take issue with the way the horses are treated during the race. I don't like it, and it makes me sick. I just logged on to the local station's website, and I find out that the 2nd place horse, the first filly to run the Derby in 9 years, broke both front ankles as soon as she finished the race, and had to be EUTHANIZED ON THE SPOT. How terrible is that?? As if I needed further reason to shun the race, you know? Here's the link: http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/whas11_topstory_080430_derbystory.b56f9283.html

Anyway. We had a good day - the girls and I decided to have a little mom & daughters party ourselves. For dinner I made homemade mac & cheese with cheddar, gruyere, and whole wheat noodles (they never knew the difference), Gracie made her Italian rice, and I made some zesty Italian chicken. For dessert, we sliced up a quart of strawberries and had strawberry shortcakes with cool whip on top. All in all, a pretty good day :D Hope yours was good as well :D

0 comments: