Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WAHOO!

So I saw today that we're supposed to get more snow tonight, and snow flurries would last until Thursday night. I hope we get so much accumulation that we get snowed in for the whole two days! YEAH - I went there!!! :) I'm loving the snow! (mostly because I don't have to go out in it, and I don't have a job to worry about missing, lol) The girls got papers sent home today about their make-up days, which will be in April. Yuk!

Tonight for dinner, I bought one of those home taco kits. I browned the ground beef, then drained it. I opened the box to look for the seasoning packet, and to my surprise, found NONE. Since when did they stop putting the seasoning packets in the taco kits?! I had to run to the computer and search for a recipe for good taco seasoning. I found one, put it together, and I WILL NEVER BUY TACO SEASONING PACKETS AGAIN! Here's the ingredients - just mix and put them into the meat (the amount depends on how spicy you like your tacos):

* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper

0 comments: