Wednesday, February 27, 2008

good day

So Josie's been getting better since her visit to the ER. They gave her that shot of antibiotics and she's been getting Amoxicillin 3 times a day ever since... she's not lethargic anymore, but she's still running some low grade fevers off and on. I called her pediatrician's office today to let them know about her visit to the ER, and they said I need to bring her in, especially if she's still having her fevers off and on. So I'm supposed to call tomorrow morning at 8:30 to see when their first available appointment is.

After I called them, Josie and I went to Schimpff's, which is a favorite hangout of mine. She got her usual - 3 gold chocolate coins. I got a fountain Coke (YUM) and something new that they're doing for Easter:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is diabetes in a bag. Seriously, it's a chocolate covered peep. You know what Peeps are? For the uninformed:

THOSE are the bunny-shaped Peeps. They are marshmallows covered in colored sugar, and while they used to only be available at Easter, now they also make them for Valentine's Day, Christmas, and Halloween. Schimpff's dips them in chocolate now. I bought one out of sheer, morbid curiosity. The first bite wasn't too bad; the chocolate shell (available in milk chocolate or dark chocolate - I got the milk) was crunchy, sweet, and satisfying in itself. The thing as a whole was pretty good, when I was nibbling on the ears (the smallest part of the bunny). When I got to the body and took a full bite, I could FEEL my heart speed up about 3 times the normal rate. Seriously, if you're not a diabetic before you eat this, you will be after! On the other hand, if you're into seriously sweet treats, this is for you. It was only $1 for one coated Peep. I couldn't finish the one I got - it was so sweet, it made my throat hurt!

After the trip to the candy store, we went to the post office so I could mail off a box to a very dear friend (she likes Schimpff's taffy), and then Josie and I had a Mommy/daughter lunch date at McDonald's... which was a real treat for both of us, since we rarely eat out, and we almost NEVER go there (we're more of a Wendy's family, when we can eat out). She had a blast, and it actually flurried some snow a bit while we were in there, which was cool.

After that we came home, and luckily miss thing fell asleep in the car, and even STAYED asleep when we got home. She slept for almost two hours, which is further proof that she still isn't completely back to normal, because when she is completely well, she does not nap during the day. "Naps? HA! I laugh in the face of your naps! MWAHA!" :)

Love to all,