Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Crazy Insane

So the other night, I couldn't get to sleep. I tossed, I turned, and I lay there staring at the ceiling and listening to Sirius radio's channel #8 (the 80's). I didn't sleep ALL NIGHT.

...or did I?

It's freaky, but I think I did sleep, and my dream was about being awake. It's never happened to me before, but there's a first time for everything, right? I don't know; either way it was weird, because for someone who "didn't sleep" the previous night, I wasn't tired. So it had to be a dream, right?

Oh, who knows.

Last night Josie spiked a pretty high fever. She's not showing any other symptoms, so I'm hoping it just means that her two year molars are coming in. She's still got a fever this morning, but not quite as bad. I went ahead and canceled her Speech Therapy appointment for today, so maybe she can get some rest (and the poor ST won't have to swim up the sidewalks to see her - if you've ever been here after a rain, you'll know what I'm referring to).

I have this weird feeling today. Ever watch Breakfast at Tiffany's? Remember when she talks about 'the mean reds?' I get those all the time. Have them especially bad today.

I was emailing a friend yesterday about church. How many of you out there go to church, and how many of you actually discuss your faith with 'nonbelievers?' I have several friends that I know for a fact are born again Christians, but not a single one of them have ever attempted to witness to me, or to get me into a bible study, or have even invited me to church. (WAIT - I take that back. ONE has, and thank you to him.) I've been searching for a church in the area to start attending, and I was hoping that, just out of the blue, someone would invite me to theirs. I guess the people I know just aren't that pro-active. I don't particularly feel like going into a church where I know absolutely no one, either. I don't know. I've been reading my bible every night before bed (which I was more faithful about when Grace was born), and I have a small devotional that I've taken up reading again. I started re-reading Liz Curtis Higgs' Bad Girls of the Bible. (I love LCH - even have an autographed book) My kids need to be in church and Sunday School. They're at an age now where they just soak information up like little sponges. We're members of Edwardsville United Methodist church, but it's such a long drive...we rarely get to go. I'd love to get back into a church and meet some good people to hang out with - not that the people I know now aren't good, I didn't mean that. There was a couple at EUMC that we hung out with. They had kids roughly the same age as ours, so we would get together and go to the zoo, or have dinner at their house or whatever. The kids would play together, and we could talk. I miss that kind of closeness, you know?

Okay, I guess I'm rambling, but that's what I do best. Hope everyone has a terrific day... I'm going to look for a way to get rid of the reds. (see above movie reference)

Love to all,
Michelle

1 comments:

Mrs. Wesely said...

I love my church....Charlestown Independent Church....I'm there every Sunday....I sit on the right hand side....You are welcome to come anytime...and yes, I need to be better about inviting and witnessing to people. Thanks for the reminder!!!