Monday, January 28, 2008

WOW!

Well, I am gobsmacked. In the last two days, I have heard from 3 old friends (one I actually talked to on the phone! Hi Joyce! *waves*). Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon!

I was going through my plans last night to make a scrapbook for Josie's 2nd year, and I realized I hadn't updated lately her book on how many signs she knows, or how many words she can say. I counted (I think my list is pretty exhaustive), and she knows 76 signs and can say 95 words, not to mention the 6 animal sounds she can imitate! I am SO PROUD of her. This is enormous progress, and I have to give a big thanks to her OT and ST for their hands in it! She's still doing her OT and ST, and I'm still signing with her at home, but they help so much.

It's hard to believe that she's going to be 2 on Saturday. I thought I'd be more upset, but I am surprised to find that, even though I'm a little sad (which comes with the territory, right?), I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. She's such an easy baby with an easygoing personality...must be the calm before the storm, right? Terrible twos? Bring it on! :)

0 comments: