Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jinkies!

I've been reading a lot of testimonials from people who have gotten out of Scientology, and all I can say is... WOW. I think the best analogy I've read is this one, where they compare being in Scientology to the movie "The Truman Show." It frightens me to think that a mother could desert her child the way so many of these people seem to have done, all for the sake of Scientology, and then they realize years and years later (when it's too late to make amends with their children) that they have wasted their life pursuing it. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that I've never been involved in a futile pursuit - never one of that magnitude, though. Much, much smaller scales for me.

The Speech Therapist came today, and I gave her the list I'd made of Josie's words and signs. She's up to 76 signs and 99 words, as of today. She stood up at dinner last night and yelled, "GUYS! Guys, guys, guys!!" :) She's so goofy! And Grace... I made chicken, green beans, and sweet corn cakes for dinner last night, and Gracie took a bite and said, "Mom, this chicken is off the hook!" I don't know where she heard it, but I laughed my butt off! Her dad told her that for every A she gets on a test at school, she can download one song from iTunes. She got an A on her math test, and today she finally decided what song she wants to download for it - "No One" by Alicia Keys. Score! I like the song too, so it works out for both of us!

Speaking of those corn cakes I made... I have asked several people about this, and no one remembers them. Does anyone else out there remember the sweet corn cakes that Tumbleweed used to serve? I know Chi Chi's had them, but I mean the ones from Tumbleweed! I used to love those and ask for extra of that instead of the refried beans... and the sweet corn cakes I made last night are the exact same thing! YUM!

Anyhoo... hope everyone is having a lovely day. Love to all.

0 comments: