Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Favor to ask... [feeling nostalgic]

I have a favor to ask, and it's a mighty big one. I've already told y'all that I have problems filling in the cavernous gaps in my memory re: my youth (HA! Cuz 31 is oh so old, right?). I have been begging various family members for many moons now to make copies of the photos they have of me (ANY photos), but for whatever reason, they have not done so. If any of you out there can even just scan in and email me any photos you might have of me (or of us together), it would be so amazingly appreciated!!! I have precious little to visually remind me of anything in my life before my kids came along(I have maybe 5 pictures of me when I was little), so anything would help. Comment on this post if you need my email address.

That being said, the whole reason I bring this up is because I found 2-3 pages of photos from my junior prom that I had thought to be lost forever. I've moved so many times and gone through so many life changes that it's easy to lose things along the way, and I was thrilled when I found these! (If any of y'all read this: it's pictures of me, Karen, Lori, Julie, and Jennifer - though I think the pix of Jen are actually from our Senior prom.) I can post them or email them to y'all if you want copies of them. Let me know either way! Sometimes I miss those days, and sometimes I don't. I mean, of course I miss the friendships I used to have... and those were the days before my life spiraled totally out of control and before I changed. I miss the closeness of being able to call up a girlfriend and be able to talk for hours about nothing. Then again... I don't miss the awkwardness of that time. I don't miss those kids who were unbelievably cruel to me (although some of them have emailed me since and apologized, which nearly gave me a heart attack). I don't miss the drama of it all. I do miss a lot of things, though.

If you're reading this and we used to be friends (or even just acquaintances), and you'd like to get back in touch, please don't hesitate to contact me. You can leave me a comment here, or you can email me at cliodnawrites {at} gmail [dot] com. And if any of the ladies I mentioned above would like copies of the photos I have of you, let me know. I'd be more than happy to email them.

0 comments: