Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well.

All I will say regarding the election is this: a lot of my friends are Democrats, and a lot of my friends voted for Senator Obama. Now a lot of those so-called friends are calling me stupid and saying that I wasted my vote on McCain. Let me tell YOU something: NO VOTE CAST IS EVER WASTED. PERIOD. And you know something else? I put up with your bullying all last week. You cajoled, threatened, trash talked, and everything else to try and get me to vote the way YOU wanted me to. I did not. I voted the way my heart and my conscience dictated. If you can't live with that, it's your problem, not mine. But I do not appreciate being called names because of it. For a group of people who are supposed to be so tolerant and accepting, you surely haven't been. The animosity and outright hatred of people (and I'm not talking about race here, so don't mistake that) over the last 24 hours has stunned and saddened me. If this is what we have to look forward to as a country, then we are in very big trouble, indeed.

On another, much happier, note: Josie and I went out today. I have been feeling sick-ish, but we went out anyway, because I always feel bad when she's stuck in the house. A while back, I had used a credit counseling service to pay off some debt. Apparently they were doing something illegal, and some consumers filed a class action suit against them. I filled out the postcard they sent me to be included in the lawsuit. They settled, and my share was $13.66. I got my check a few days ago. At Halloween, we got coupons for free kid's meals at Texas Roadhouse. So I took my $13 and the coupon, and Josie and I had a nice Mommy-Daughter lunch together today. I really enjoy my time with her so much. (I can't tell the girls about it or they'd be uber jealous!) But then I took her to the tree play area, and she had a blast. Then we went to Starbucks, where she got apple juice and I got an iced pumpkin spice latte.

Now if my headache would go away, I'd be great!

0 comments: