Thursday, November 13, 2008

Anniversary

Today Jason and I have been married for 10 years. It's hard to believe - doesn't feel like it's been that long (though ask me on other days and I'll probably say it feels like it's been a million years, lol). Yes, on this day 10 years ago (Friday, November 13th), we said "I do." YES, you read that right - we got married on Friday the 13th. We thought it was funny. LOL! I guess since it's a big milestone, I should tell the story...

Jason and I had been very good friends our senior year of high school (seriously, without him and about 4 other friends that year, I would not have made it through). HE got married right out of high school and they had a baby, and I went on my way to college in another town about 2 hours away. That was 1995. In 1997, I got a message on my answering machine from him - he was in town and his friend was driving him to my school to see me! He had gotten divorced and was about to start school at a different college in the same town. We started hanging out, and then dating. At first he said he would never get married again, which didn't bother me at the time, since I had always said I never wanted to get married or have children... then I met Taylor, his little girl. I was instantly in love! During the summer of 1998, he said he thought that someday, he might want to marry me. Of course I got overexcited and went out the next day to look at rings! LOL! (He still teases me about that.) But the real thing didn't happen until the end of October 1998, when we were both back at school and his mom called to say she was planning a weekend vacation to Orlando, Florida, and wanted to know if he and Taylor were coming, too. He asked if I could come, and she said yes...

We bought my dress, his tux, our rings (had to have them sized), called the lady who was going to marry us (basically we eloped, lol), and got everything done in the span of about a week and a half. We had had a discussion wherein I told him that he hadn't really even asked me to marry him... so one day we were having lunch at Fazoli's, and he asked me right there! He'd picked up the rings that day, and presented me with mine. I think I got to wear it for 3 days before we got married! We drove back to his mom's, hopped on a plane that night (Thursday night), and arrived in Florida. The next morning, we got up, got dressed, and got married! We went to Disney World right after, still dressed in our wedding clothes, and people followed us around, thinking we were characters! Several people videotaped us and even asked for our autographs! We had lunch at Cinderella's castle, and then went back to the hotel to change clothes before heading back to Disney.

Fast forward 10 years, and now we have the most beautiful family. Three gorgeous little girls who are the lights of my world (4 when my stepdaughter is here!) ♥ And to think - at one time, I never wanted kids!

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Mrs. Wesely said...

Wow...it's been ten years?!?!? I'm so happy you told the story. I don't think I knew the whole thing. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!