Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I slept for almost 10 hours last night. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me - ever since I hit my teens, I have been somewhat of an insomniac. I never, ever go to bed before 1 a.m., most of the time later than that. I don't nap, either. Yet somehow, for the last 3-4 days, I've been averaging 8-10 hours of sleep per night. You'd think it'd make me feel better and more rested, but all it's doing is making me feel achey (from lying still so long is my guess) and edgy. Rawr.

Tonight I want to take Gracie to the dollar theatre to see Prince Caspian, but both her dad and I have told her several times that if her room isn't clean by 3 p.m. (movie starts at 4), she isn't going. Seriously, their room looks like a hurricane hit it - clothes and toys everywhere - and I may be brave, but I'm not brave enough to step into that room to clean it myself.

Last night we had a funny moment. After dinner, I asked the girls to vote: cupcakes or cookies for dessert. They voted cookies (probably because I've been on a cupcake kick, baking them like crazy), so I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. They were cleaning their toys up at the time, so I said if they didn't clean up, they would get no cookies. Josie went around with her hands on her hips saying, "CLEAN! No cookies!!!" It was hilarious - the older two girls and I cracked up every time she said it - especially when she started stomping her foot to emphasize her point!

The girls go back to school in 8 days, and they're uber excited. Gracie is wondering if she'll get the teacher she wants, and Lexi just wants to know who she's getting, period. They have all of their school supplies (if I can just remember what belongs to who). Josie and I will miss them when they're gone, though. It's been nice having them home, and being able to go places and play games and whatnot. :(

Our church has been going through the Bible in a year, and last week we finished the Old Testament. This weekend, they're going to do something like a play to review the Old Testament, and said it'd be great, so I'm inviting you all to come and watch with me! Shoot me an email and let me know if you want to come with me - I am so excited!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

0 comments: