Thursday, June 3, 2010

so tired

I am so tired. I think my allergies and the repeated trips down to the basement and back up are finally taking their toll on me. The back of my legs burn and ache all the way up and down! But hey, at least there's not a scrap of dirty laundry in the house, right? Right... I think...

One of our neighbors was outside today, mowing her grass for the THIRD TIME THIS WEEK. I kid you not. Well, if you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that I blew up the only lawn mower I had access to... so yesterday my husband asked the teenager (boy) across the street to mow it (he does it for $20 a pop, too expensive for my tastes but we NEEDED it this time). he said he'd mow it today after school. So I'm in the kitchen as the girls and my husband carry the groceries inside, and my husband comes inside steaming mad. I said what happened? and he said, she (our neighbor) stopped me and said, "I was just wondering when you are going to cut your grass." My husband explained that the neighbor boy was going to do it today, and he told her what happened to the mower, and she cuts him off and says, "because you know there's a law about having to cut your grass." and walks off. How incredibly rude! We lived next to people like this once before, and let me tell you, it is not pleasant or a happy thing to know we live next to someone like this again. It's not like we didn't plan on cutting it soon, but we have to roll with the punches as they come. Sigh.

We had taco night for dinner, which all the kids love. Taco night is the best night in our house, they love putting their own tacos together! Then we watched Alice In Wonderland (the new one with Johnny Depp) - we'd seen it in the theater but we just love it so much! Then we had ice cream. It was a pretty good day, I'd say! You know... except for the nosy, rude neighbor...

0 comments: