Thursday, July 8, 2010

fondant fondant everywhere...

Last night I tried my hand at making fondant. Keep in mind that I have never eaten, touched, or otherwise messed with any kind of fondant, ever. Last night I made a batch and tinted it a beautiful pink color. Today I finally got to play with it, and it came out beautifully. I watched a tutorial on youtube (several different ones, actually) on how to make fondant roses, so I played with my fondant and made some. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! I made marshmallow fondant after reading about how regular fondant tastes terrible, and the kids LOVED the stuff. I made some extra in each color for them and they used it like play-doh... and then ate their creations ;) I am finally calling it a night, after making 40 small butterflies, 20 roses, 6 large butterflies, and lots of little leaves. Below is a picture of just some of the things I made.



On another note, we now have a fan (vent) in our bathroom, which is good... even though the electrician knocked a chunk out of our wall and didn't fix it. Landlady brought us a gallon of white paint so I can paint the bathroom, but I won't be doing it until next week sometime. A/C guy came today and put more freon in the unit, but it is still barely trickling air and even though we have the thermostat set on 68, it stays OVER 80 degrees in the house! We are boiling here!

0 comments: