Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wow!

I was so not in a decent mood today, until dinner. I tried a new recipe for pasta, since Grace and I are the only ones who like the tomato-based sauces. Josie and Lexi normally take their noodles with just a sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of butter (they're both picky eaters)... but tonight, I found the mother of all picky-eater pasta recipes! And it's simple, to boot! Since I was so wowed, I thought I'd share with everyone. This was really good with some buttery baked chicken.

Rich Pasta for the Poor Kitchen

8 T butter or margarine
2 T minced garlic
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 T chopped fresh parsley, or 1/2 T dried parsley
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 c grated parmesan cheese

Cook your spaghetti noodles as you normally would (I used penne). Drain and set aside.

In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Season with the salt, pepper, parsely, and cayenne pepper.

Add the pasta to the skillet. Toss pasta until it's well-coated with the butter. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the pasta has absorbed some of the butter.

Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.

Even LEXI liked this! As a reward for eating so well, the girls are now getting ready to make some really lovely microwave fudge (doesn't sound good, but it is to die for)! Amazing how a good meal can boost spirits, innit?

0 comments: